As we bid farewell to 2016, we at Trellis feel great pride and gratitude for what we’ve achieved. We are very fortunate to work closely with many exceptional people who share our passion for serving seniors, and help us advance our vision of enriching connections on our journey through life. All of our daily actions are fuelled by this vision to connect our residents, staff and volunteers together, often through art, nature and song, to fill the time with joy and purpose.
Trellis is happy to report we achieved great success during 2016 because of the commitment and collaboration of a diverse and talented team. Through our actions together, we:
- Served over 500 seniors as they journeyed through their life; and supported their family members and friends as vital connections;
- Continued to grow our community connections through partnerships with the Alzheimer Society, CNIB, Heart & Stroke Foundation, Thompson Rivers University, Sprott Shaw College, Excellence Canada, BC Care Providers Association;
- Expanded our team to over 600 full-time, part-time and casual members who live our values and contribute to the overall health and wellness of our residents’ life;
- Solved challenges and celebrated achievements with our service partners including Kolbina Care For Seniors, Sterling Health Care, Compass Group Canada, the YMCA of Prince George and many other outstanding service partners;
- Grew intergenerational connections for over 50 youngsters through the Mother Goose program hosted by our seniors in Kamloops;
- Were awarded contracts to design, build and operate three exciting new care centres over the next three years that will serve 445 seniors on their journey through life in the Vancouver Coastal Health area; and
- Achieved Exemplary Standing with Accreditation Canada as a testament of our commitment to quality and providing exceptional care and service.
This has been an impressive year and together, we can be proud of what we accomplished. Thanks to everyone for your contributions and celebrating along with us!
Wishing you peace, good health and prosperity in the New Year,
President, Trellis Seniors Services Ltd.